Discord Bots: Games are played around every corner of the world, let it be indoor or the outdoor games. The online gaming has changed the scenario. The people who were never fond of games are now the avid gamers. The popularity of online gaming and the improvements in the gaming industry have made gaming a pleasurable experience. The coming up of some of the best VoIP services has been a big revolution in the gaming industry too. Discord is one such popular service that has revolutionized gaming and has taken it to the next level. The people can now enjoy playing the games online while connecting with their friends over Discord servers and talking to each other during the gameplay. Let’s learn more about it in details.
What is Discord – Everything you need to know!
Discord is one of the most popular VoIP apps that are tailored for the gamers around the world. This application has got some of the most overwhelming features that are hard to find in any other app of its type. It is readily available for Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android. The Discord Browser has also been launched to help you out access some of the app features without any hassle. At present, this stunning application has over 45 million users around the globe.
The person behind this revolutionary software is Jason Citron who was also the founder of OpenFeint, a social gaming platform for mobile gamers (the services are now been shut down). Discord was launched in May 2015 and gained popularity through LAN tournaments, eSports, and also through the Twitch TV streamers. The company received USD 20 million in funding and released the features like Discord Screen Share and Discord Video call which were a big release by its developers. The Discord Voice Chat feature was available since the launch of this application.
Discord Software Package – What’s Cooking Inside?
The developers who programmed the Discord software have done a miracle and many updates are still to come. To proceed with Discord app download, you need to visit the official website and do Discord Login there. The Discord Windows, Discord Linux, Discord Mac, Discord iOS, and Discord Android versions are available for download for the users across the globe. The software is built on a powerful Electron Framework. Discord API was also launched in the end of 2016 to help the developers integrate different things with Discord servers. In January 2017, the very first paid feature Discord Nitro was launched. Discord Web launched before already did wonders and now more features are coming up.
What is Discord Bot?
Before we move further and learn how to make a Discord bot and how to add bot to Discord, it is important to understand what a bot is and how it functions. The Discord bot is a function or functionality that can enhance the overall user experience by adding different features to the servers. The bots are basically the applications which are owned and governed by users. One can make use of Discord bot API to use the bots owned by some other users or can create his/her own bot using the Discord bot creator. The Discord bots can also be found on few unofficial and the official Discord bot website as well. You can access them using the username and token in place of the password.
Best Features of Discord Bots
- You can’t add bots to your friend list.
- You need to use the token to access the bots.
- Bots do not accept the invites. You have to make a request using OAuth2 system for joining Discord server.
- Bots are restricted to just 100 guilds and if they start taking more guilds, you must upgrade the plan.
- In the Discord bot account, the users are restricted to send a certain number of messages per minute per guild or server.
- The bots can even join many servers simultaneously.
- Discord bot Github site and Carbonetix are the places from where you can access different bots.
How to make a Discord Bot – Complete Guide
You are at the right place if you wanted to know how to create a Discord bot. Follow this step-by-step guide carefully to learn how to make a Discord bot with Discord Bot maker.
- Go to the Discord account and do Discord sign in to enter the account.
- Click on the option – ‘New Application’.
- You now have to give a ‘Name’ and ‘Photo’ to your bot. It’s not mandatory to add the ‘Description’ to it.
- Click on the option ‘Create Application’ and go to next page and scroll down till the option ‘Create a Bot User’ is visible. Click on that.
- Now click on the option ‘Yes, do it!’.
- You can find the bot token in the ‘App Bot User’ section.
- Click on the option ‘Click to Reveal’ to get the token.
- After getting the token, invite the bot to the server and simply replace YOUR_CLIENT_ID_HEREin the URL https://Discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?&client_id=YOUR_CLIENT_ID_HERE&scope=bot&permissions=0 with the Client ID from a page located above under ‘App Details’. Now paste the link on the browser and you can see the page like this.
- Select server from a dropdown and then tap on ‘Authorize’ option.
- Start the bot and enjoy chatting. Discord offers free Discord Bot hosting till it consumes limited resources.
How to Add Bots to Discord Server – Tutorial
Now that you have created the Discord bot, you might be looking to add it to the Discord server. For adding Discord bots to the server, we have given you the guide for doing so. Here are some of the major steps on how to add bots to Discord server. Follow all of them carefully.
- You must Login to your Discord account.
- Obtain the Server Consent.
- Before adding the bots to Discord server, you need to get the consent from the server.
- Navigate to the ‘General Permissions’ on the server to get the acceptance.
- There will be several options on the page.
- Check the ‘Manage Server’ option which will ensure that you have enabled the permission from the server successfully.
- Get permission from the server on which you are looking to add the bot.
- You should look for the genuine bot to be added to the server if you are not adding your self-tailored bot.
- Visit the Carbonitex website and click on the option ‘Add Bot to Server’.
- If you are looking to add bot to Discord server then find a bot from a Discord Bots official site.
- Then click on ‘Invite’ option.
- It will redirect to a new screen that will demand authorization.
- Choose the Server
- From the drop-down menu, click on the option ‘Select a Server’.
- You need to choose a precise server if you want to add the bot to Discord server.
- Bot Authorization
- Click on ‘Authorize’ option.
- The bot will be added to the chosen server in few moments.
- Once added, it will be displayed on the sidebar of the server.
- Save Changes
- Click on the option ‘Save Changes’ to implement the changes done by you.
- You can disable the permissions from the ‘Channel Settings’ if you don’t want to access the different channels.
Congratulations, the bot has been added to the Discord server and now you can enjoy extra functionalities that are added. Your game playing experience will totally enhance if you have chosen the right bot. Let’s see the most popular Discord bots list and see what they can do. Before that, you can use Discord Bot commands for performing certain operations on the server after adding the bots as well.
Discord Bots List: The Most Popular Bots
There are a number of official and user-tailored bots available on different websites and also on the Discord website. It is up to you from where you find the best Discord bot list and which one you add to the server for your use.
- Mee6: Mee6 Discord Bot is a powerful bot that lets your members to gain the level ups and XPs when they get involved in the chats. You can even search your favorite mangas and animes on the web using this bot and can use a number of custom commands.
- Dyno Bot: Dyno Bot Discord is a totally customizable bot that brings so many customization features to the Discord server including moderations, custom commands, role management, music, and much more that makes the server management easy.
- Spotify Playlist Bot: Discord Music Bot Spotify lets you create the music playlist and listen to the songs while you are gaming or doing just anything else. It is one of the best Discord Music bots
- Fredboat: Fredboat Discord is one of the best Discord bots music available in the bots library. It lets you play the music on the Discord server and the music can be played from the number of sites like SoundCloud, YouTube and many more.
- Aethex: Discord Bot Aethex is a multipurpose bot that comes with features like utility, moderation, music, and many fun commands.
These are just a few popular bots that we have listed, but its library has thousands of great bots to try. Go for them as well. The people, looking for Discord bot that clears chat should know that to clear the chat, you can simply use the commands. Discord Bot clear chat is yet to be made by some great personality. You can find a number of Discord bots on this website.
The Bottom Line
Discord Bots are the ruling legends on the Discord servers that are optimizing the server performances and are helping the users to get better functionality. We have explained you the tutorial to make a Discord Bot and add bots to Discord servers. So, follow this guide carefully if you are doing the same things. In case of any trouble, you can leave the query in the comment box below.